PE & SPORT PREMIUM
At Hallam Fields we are extremely fortunate to have such wonderful grounds which we can use for physical education, as well as our hall. We believe in the importance of promoting healthy bodies and minds and see the importance of sports can have. We are part of the Erewash School Sports Partnership who we work with to support staff and allow children the opportunity to compete in many different competitions and festivals. At the end of each year we celebrate achievements with a Sports Award Evening.
Each year all schools receive funding to use on Sports, helping to improve the quality of activities and teaching.
The funding is calculated as follows:
Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1000 per pupil.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Due to the pandemic, schools are allowed to carry forward any underspends from the year 2019-21, which must be spent by July 2022.
The funding has been allocated to show improvements against 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills for staff
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities being offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sports